Sunday, June 8, 2008

Night Out!


Had a fab night last night. The babysitter - Irene - arrived just before 7 and, Annalise, who'd met her a couple of times before, was so excited, she didn't even want to say Bye as we left. Juliette was asleep already. So we left, hearts full of joy as we had been a bit worried about leaving them but this felt good!
Got a taxi into the city where we went to 'Sababa' Middle Eastern restaurant and met up with 3 other couples - Zoe & Chris, Meghan & Chris and Julie & Neil. (All very close friends of ours). The meal was DELICIOUS! And I was drinking some white rum, mint and lemon Middle Eastern (Israeli) cocktail all night - YUMMMMMMMMY! But I think quite vicious, as after two, I was starting to feel VERY merry!
We moved onto the Hyatt's very exclusive 'Ziga Zaga' nightclub for dancing and drinks afterwards, where you're paying about 8 pounds a drink! Eeeek! Lucky we were dancing more than drinking!!
It was soooooo much fun - I felt like a teenager all over again. I haven't danced properly like that for what feels like YEARS.
We ended the night just after midnight as we had to get back to relieve Irene of the girls who, to our embarrassment but not surprise, were both still up when we got in!! Poor woman looked a bit tired. But didn't feel so guilty as we NEVER do this!!! But it's made us realise we should as it was so much fun!
It was great to be out with wonderful friends and not just have talk revolving around our kids - even though we all have them.

Did realise though, when talking about the trials and tribulations of babysitting at the beginning of the night, that I have now been breastfeeding non-stop for coming up to 3 1/2 years. I am actually looking forward to the time that Juliette chooses to wean - although, if she's anything like Annalise, it would be in another year's time at least.
Yet another reason for waiting for a while before/if we choose to have another little terror - I would really like some time with my body being just mine.




Thought I'd put these in - Annalise & Juliette both love wearing our shoes - This is Annalise goofing around in my knee high boots! VERY stylish!



Today the girls have been really tired - funny that?!! Andrew and I spent the day playing host and shopkeeper to a few buyers who were picking up things from us they'd reserved - including being woken up at 8am by a moving company one of the buyers had employed to take the armchair and cot etc etc.




Our apartment is looking very tidy for once - as the furniture is rapidly disappearing!! Since we've lost the high chair and children's table and chairs, the girls now eat their meals off a glass coffee table, one sitting on the bed and one on the 'time out' stool! Below is a great pic of them enjoying their salmon and rice whilst watching 'Mary Poppins'!

And finally, this is a pic of Annalise with her Daddy's teddy that she's only allowed to cuddle for 5 minutes each night before it gets put back to sit on a very high shelf. He's very protective of it!

No comments: