Was supposed to take the girls (third time lucky) to Danshui & Bali on our pram club trip on Monday but the Gods were against us again. Funnily enough, not this time due to weather as it was sunny and a very hot 34 degrees. But - my temporary crown had fallen out on Sunday and so couldn't eat and even laugh as it was so sensitive and the dentists weren't open so I had to wait until Monday morning to get the temporary crown re-glued in - what a relief when it was done! But by the time it had been done, it was too late to go to Danshui on our bus, train, boat and bikes adventure. We WILL do it before we go!
So we just went to the park with my friend Zoe and her girls - it was soooooooooooo hot though. We spent rather a lot of time in McCafe having cold drinks and then paddling in the fish ponds that specifically say 'no bathing'! Just to keep cool.

In the afternoon and evening, I took the girls to Shihlin Night market (pictured above - it is this crowded EVERY night of the week and even more so on weekends) to buy some trinkets for their Taiwan 'Treasure Boxes' and as it was Dragon Boat Festival, there were loads of rides and games for the kids to play which was fun. Andrew is so behind on SAT and examination Coursework marking, I thought it was a good idea to keep the girls out for as long as possible so he got some quiet time. However, what did he do instead? Napped. For 3 whole hours!!!!!! Oh, I think I remember what a nap is! I can't actually remember the last time I had one, though!
He did stay up till 1.30am though marking, so he made up for lost time though.
Today I had two moving companies come and inspect our stuff in order to get us estimates. The picture above is of the majority of stuff - plus the bed and the girl's cubby and slide. One company was dead on the ball and sent a really lovely American guy to go through it all and he quoted us for 6 cubic metres. Another Chinese bloke arrived from a different company -he could hardly speak English, had breath that smelled like a camel's arsehole and when he asked me what our allowance was, and I said:
'oh, I don't really know - about 9 cubic metres I think. '
He said - 'Ahhhh! Yes - I 'sink you have 'bou' 9/10 - is good, yeh"?'
'Er no - and here's a breath mint. '
(Well, I didn't, but I wish I could have done!)
Tomorrow I have one more company coming. After that, we can see what the cheapest and most reliable one will be to use. I don't think it's gonna be poo-breath's though.
We actually have the equivalent cash coming of 12 cubic metres to the UK to spend - but we're hoping we'll be able to save some to put towards our extortionate flight costs.
Tonight I had the last but one dentist visit - Hallelujah! After that, I showered and plaited my hair and Annalise wanted the same - thus the photos! Very cute - her hair is getting really long - finally - she soooooooo wants to have long hair!
Our visas have come through for Jakarta so it's all a bit more of a reality now!
No comments:
Post a Comment