Thursday, June 12, 2008

All Better Now - I hope!

Well, we ended up using the suppositories last night as Annalise's temperature got up to 41 degrees in the night and we had had real trouble getting it down. By this morning, when she got up at 10 am, it was still in the 38's but gradually, with more medicine, her temperature is finally back to 37, as I'm typing. Huge relief. Will still keep giving her calpol until I feel she's got over whatever it is she has! It's amazing how different a girl she is when her fever has gone. She is now happily watching TV and boogying along to 'The Doodlebops!'. PHEW.

Andrew came home late today - he is so busy at work at the moment - when is he not, though?!! It is OFsted week, plus tomorrow is the High School Prom that he organises, plus reports are due tomorrow and he has to mark all of his year 9 SATS by tomorrow too - just a little bit of work to do. He did come home though, and say that another teacher's two little boys have had really high fevers with no other symptoms for the past couple of days - so obviously there is a lurgy going round.

We will be making our Father's Day cards for Andrew tomorrow - Grandad, (Daddy), yours was sent today - so it will be late - sorry. I had planned on getting Annalise to draw you a picture, but she was so ill yesterday it never happened, so you got a bog standard card! (Sent with much love though, of course!) And your gift is being sent to Anne-maries, so you'll have to wait for the summer to have it!! I've sent you a photo of it, though, in your card!!

No comments: