Thursday, June 5, 2008

Nothing Much Really

No news, really. Yesterday was yucky weather so Julie invited Zoe and I and the kids to the ACC for lunch and then a play in the nursery for the afternoon. Lunch wasn't very relaxing as the girls wouldn't sit still during lunch - Annalise kept getting up and running round all the tables and in fact, Juliette managed to escape as we were paying the bill and we all had a rather frantic minute (felt like an age) searching the ACC for her - she was found eventually, hiding behind the golf shop's counter, giggling. Little monkey. Julie & Zoe's girls were incredibly well behaved and didn't get up from the table once. Sometimes you just feel like the worst mum in the world?!!!

We met Andrew at an MRT station afterwards as he'd been in the city at a high school prom meeting with the social rep of the Far Eastern Plaza hotel (5* hotel here - one of the Shangrila chain) which is where it is being held this year.

Spent last night doing more sorting out for the move. Our apartment is just one big clutter.
Have a whole bunch of people coming over the weekend, to pick up furniture they're buying from us though, so hopefully, we'll be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel after that.

Today I spent the morning calling up shipping companies to arrange their reps to come and survey our stuff to give us quotations. The school is giving us an allowance - which, apparently, will not cover the costs even though it's supposed to .... just another crappy thing they seem to have done this year. I now have 5 different companies all coming next week, so it means we have to get our arses into gear and start packing up a bit more!

I then took the girls out to the park for a play as it was 31 degrees, incredibly sunny and seemed such a waste to be inside. The park was lovely and empty so Annalise had full occupancy of the swings 'Higher Mummy, push me higher!' is all she could be heard to say! It was really hot though and the slides and climbing frames were too hot to touch so Juliette spent her time running around and playing hide and seek. Not such a fun game when I have to push one daughter and then chase after another at the same time!! Managed to persuade Annalise to join in though and play with Juliette - they had a lovely time.

It was so hot I decided to take them to get lunch and ice cream at Maccy D's afterwards in a well chilled mall - Takashimaya - and then, after dropping some things off to a lady who had bought some stuff from us, we had to pick Andrew up from school in Yang Min Shan.

God, what a boring blog entry this is: it reads like a 5 year old's story: 'And then I ate my breakfast. And then I brushed my teeth.....'

I have just come back from my first of three appointments at the dentist to get my crown redone.
Not much fun. It took an age to get the old one off (including using what felt like a chisel and hammer to get it off) so now all of my teeth feel like they've been in the wars. My dentist said the same thing about the tooth that my previous 5 dentists have said - my last dentist did a very bad job!
I think it just seems that this particular tooth and I do not get on. It doesn't matter how many times it's been refilled since I was 16, it just seems to want to be sawn down to nothing!! I wish I had the money to say 'oh just pull the damn thing' and then get a fake one screwed into my gum. I am SOOOOOOO done with the tooth.

No comments: